Open any social media platform, and you will come across at least one post highlighting Crumbl cookies. These giant cookies with unique flavors and toppings have taken the social media scene by storm, and rightfully so.
Given the peak rise in popularity, it isn’t surprising that people are now on the lookout for a way to start a Crumbl Cookie franchise. So if you are in the same boat and have been meaning to kickstart a side hustle with Crumbl, let’s get this show on the road.
This article will walk you through a step-by-step breakdown of all the costs of starting a Crumbl cookie franchise.
About Crumbl Cookie Franchise
If you look into any functional Crumbl store, the layout is the first thing that attracts you is the layout. Every Crumbl Cookie store features a stunning interior with an open-kitchen setting. This, paired with turning cookie gourmet, is shaking the world.
Also, their weekly rotating menu allows people to try and explore new flavors and toppings. There is no way people would get bored eating the same two repetitive flavors.
Such strong business ideologies and the quality of the products augment the concept of the Crumbl Cookie franchise.
Crumbl Cookie Franchise Cost
The estimated cost to open a Crumbl Cookie franchise is between $227,666 and $567,833. Of that, around $25,000 is the direct franchise cost, and the rest covers the interiors, equipment, etc. According to the 2020 Crumbl Franchise disclosure document, the average unit volume amounted to $1.2 million.
We again need to reiterate that the $227,666 and $567,833 expenditure isn’t just the franchise cost. It involves the TOTAL expenditure you’d have to spend on setting up the spot to start your Crumbl franchise from scratch.
Most of this cost goes into the upfront cost you must pay to secure enough land or space to open the franchise. You can expect a minimum of $150,000 in liquid capital to pay towards it. Is it a lot? Definitely yes. But that’s a very standard price you pay to open a franchise from scratch.
A quick breakdown of the investments involved in starting a Crumbl Cookie franchise:
|Initial setup, tech, and equipment||$23,000 to $168,000|
|Training fees, travel, food, lodging||Up to $30,000|
|Land and real estate requirements||Up to $250,000|
|Rent for 3 months||$17,000 to $84,000|
|Professional fees||$8000 to $15,000|
|Interior decor||Up to $100,000|
|Miscelleneous opening cost||$4000 to $8000|
|Computer set-up||$3,500 to $8000|
|Signs and legalities||Up to $10,000|
|Additional safety funds||Up to $10,000|
Kindly remember that these are rough estimated numbers. They are subject to change and will depend on the state in which you are opening the franchise, the specific location, the kind of equipment you integrate, etc.
Amidst all the expenses, the $25,000 is a fixed franchise investment you must make without any discussions or thoughts. This is an additional payment that can’t be compromised.
How to Apply for the Crumbl Cookies Franchise?
Now that you have a rough estimate of the Crumbl Cookie franchise investment, it’s time we look into the application process. It’s pretty simple and involves a few essential factors you must be mindful of.
- Your first step toward applying for the Crumbl Cookie franchise is to ensure that your bank account has enough capital needs. You can show the same in terms of existing assets.
- You must have $150,000 in liquid asset to apply and qualify for the Crumbl cookie franchise. Despite being a “bakery” franchise, it is hands down one of the most popular in the market, so you need to work accordingly.
- It would help if you prioritized sorting out and looking into the real estate prices, tools and signage, license, permits, and other legalities that come into play when starting a cookie franchise business.
- Your business experience will play a crucial role in your acceptance. So, if you don’t have any prior business experience, you are already setting yourself up for a challenge.
- Do thorough research before applying for a Crumbl Cookie franchise. We say this because you want to aim in a locality where the demand is high. If there is no demand, there’s no point in starting the franchise.
- While doing the research, ensure that there aren’t any pre-existing Crumbl cookie franchises operational in a 10-mile radius from you. This will reduce the competition and give you an upper hand in earning better profits.
- Once you have cross-verified all the above pointers and are sure that you match the eligibility criteria, send your application in.
- The team at Crumbl Cookies franchise development will then assess the application. They will verify everything, and if your application stands out and meets all the requirements, you’d be approved to start working on the future franchise.
How Much Do You Make Owning Crumble Cookie Franchise?
If you didn’t know, Crumbl Cookies is run by Crumbl LLC, headquartered in Utah. It hasn’t been quite long since the first Crumbl was launched in 2017.
Ever since the gourmet bakery has gained immense popularity and traction among sweet tooth lovers.
Coming to the revenue generation from owning a Crumbl Cookie franchise, the possibilities are diverse. In 2022, Crumbl generated total revenue of $53.4 million, experiencing a 93% growth from the previous year’s sales.
While the company didn’t perform well initially during 2018, right after its launch, the famous shot to the top when the franchise scheme was started. Within a year, Crumbl made a comeback when the allied franchise multiplied their sales and profits uncontrollably.
What are the Benefits of Owning a Crumbl Cookie Franchise?
Taking up a Crumbl Cookie franchise is, no doubt, quite expensive. But, with around half-a-million dollars to splurge, there’s a reason people are doing it without any complaints. It’s the kind of profit it generates.
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider owning a Crumbl Cookie franchise:
It is One of the Fastest Growing Chain
Despite being founded in just 2017, Crumbl has managed to steal the show with its uniqueness and quality of products. Around 8-10 additional franchise units with Crumbl are opening worldwide. So, it isn’t long until they further diversify their availability to their audience demographic.
It introduces New Flavor Each Week
One of the most common reasons people forget about fast-food joints is due to the taste. However, one highlight why Crumbl will never go out of profit is the weekly changing menu. As a result, customers won’t get bored with the same flavor and taste anymore.
It has become trendy
As we mentioned at the beginning of the article, Crumbl has become a statement piece, much like Starbucks. People not just buy Crumbl for the taste but also for the experience. Social media platforms like Tiktok and Instagram have a wide range of Crumbl cookie ads and posts.
It has a lower franchise cost
Compared to bigger bakery chains like Scooped Cookie Dough Bar, Crumbl has a meager franchise cost of just $25,000. Only the accessory costs pile up and make the investment substantial.
With over 300 units and franchises open across the United States, Crumbl is re-inventing the concept of gourmet cookies. The platform also offers in-house or app-based purchases, further streamlining the consumers’ purchase decisions. If you have been considering starting your Crumbl cookie franchise, we hope this article answers all your queries in detail.