With the world shifting towards the digital transfer of money, apps like Venmo and Cash App have now become more mainstream in the present world. Both apps help individuals transfer money from one account to the other.
Adding friends and transferring money on Venmo is quite simple. But, when you look up ways to transfer money from Venmo to the Cash app, the information is quite limited. Is it possible? If yes, how does one do it?
This article will explore all the steps in transferring money from Venmo to the Cash app in a few minutes.
Can You Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App?
If you are looking for a dedicated transfer account on Venmo, you won’t find it. There isn’t any direct method to transfer money from Venmo to Cash App. However, there are a few indirect ways to streamline the transfer process.
As we discussed earlier, Venmo and Cash apps serve a similar purpose. These apps help you transfer money from one account to the other. This means that it’s intended for peer-to-peer money transfers.
Since these two apps or companies are rivals, it isn’t surprising that there isn’t a direct way to transfer money from one app to the other.
However, that’s the myth we are here to dismantle. If you have Venmo and Cash app accounts and want to transfer money, we have sorted a few methods that can help.
2 Ways to Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App
When it comes to transferring money, Venmo is no doubt the best app on the market right now. It has a very organized user interface that even non-tech people can use.
Also, Venmo provides users access to additional perks and easy transfers, which isn’t the case on Cash App. If you want to transfer your money from Venmo to Cash App, there are specific logistics you must go through.
Let us walk you through the two methods:
Method 1 – Direct Deposit Feature Of Cash App Account
If you don’t want to pay any extra charge but sort out the payment from Venmo to Cash App, this is the method you can opt for.
Set up the direct deposit on Cash App
Once you have created your Cash App account, the first thing you need to do is activate the account. This enables you to successfully receive the amount transferred from one platform to the other.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your Cash App app and click on the “Dollar Sign.”
- This will redirect you to the “My Cash” page.
- On this page, you should find the “Cash button.”
- Click on that tab and then select the Direct Deposit option.
- Update the account number of the account you wish to deposit the money.
- Click on “Get account number” and wait until a pop-up appears on the screen.
- Click on “Enabled account” in the pop-up.
- You can copy the account details from there by clicking “Copy Account details.”
Add the Cash App credentials to your Venmo Account.
Once you have set up the direct deposit on your Cash App, the next step is to sort out the transfer process on your Venmo account. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your Venmo account.
- Navigate to Settings and click “Payment Methods.”
- This will direct you to a new window where you can add the bank account or the card you will use on Venmo. Click on the “Add a Bank or Card” tab.
- Select the bank.
Once you are done with the above verification process, you must paste the Cash App credentials you copied in the previous step. Following that, you are all set to transfer money from Venmo to Cash App without any complaints.
Method 2 – Two Apps One Bank
If the above method is too complicated for you, this is a much simpler method you can check out. When you link Venmo and Cash App to the same bank account, it streamlines the transfer process.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by sorting out the bank account details on your Venmo app, as we discussed above.
- Once done, click on the three-stacked menu and click on it. This will redirect you to another page where you must select the “Transfer to Bank” option.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- Following that, you’d have to select how quickly you want the transfer to happen. It can happen instantly or within 1-3 business days.
- Once done, you must provide the bank details in the designated fields in the app.
- Once you have money in your bank account, you can then transfer that money to your Cash App.
- For this, open the Cash App account and click on “Balance.”
- Tap “Add Cash” and enter the money you want to transfer.
Tap on Add and then enter the PIN to confirm the money transfer. You can use Touch ID to finalize the payment if you have Touch ID enabled.
Venmo Transfer to Cash App Not Working
As we discussed, transferring money from Venmo to Cash App isn’t as straightforward as you think. There are certain complications to the process.
If you aren’t able to successfully transfer the amount, there could be specific reasons, including:
- Issues with the network
- Problems with the associated bank account
- Problems with the bank transfer
- Problems with the secret PIN or authentication
If the transfer fails multiple times, we’d recommend finding the issue first. The last thing you want is to have your money accidentally debited from your account.
How Much Money Can You Send from Venmo to Cash App?
Transferring money from Venmo to Cash App involves a few different factors. The most important is ensuring that your Venmo account details are verified. If not, then it won’t allow easy transactions.
That said, depending on the scenarios, the following are the amount of money you can send from Venmo to Cash App:
- If you don’t have verification, the limit is $299.99 per week from the Venmo account.
- If you don’t have verification, the limit to transfer money from Venmo to another account is $999.99 per week.
- If you have a verified account, the limit is $2,999.99 per week from the Venmo account.
- If you have a verified account, the limit to transfer money from your Venmo account to another bank account is $19,999.99 per week.
We recommend completing the verification if you are a business or need to transfer significant amounts of money. It shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes. You must enter your full name, address, ZIP code, birth date, social security number, etc.
Venmo and Cash App are prevalent money-transferring apps. They are simple and highly compatible with Android and iOS platforms. The steps are indirect if you want to transfer money from Venmo to Cash App. We hope this article gives you all the insights you need. Venmo transfers the funds instantly, so you shouldn’t have to wait. If you are confused, refer back to the steps in the article, as mentioned.