No matter the terminology you use — pre-landers, presell pages, or gateway pages — website bridge pages are a valuable marketing tool that helps qualify leads, rather than simply converting any visitor who discovers a landing page.
Bridge pages act as a buffer between the referring traffic source and the landing page. This helps to acclimate the cold traffic and convert them more efficiently, versus a regular landing page which does not consider who it is converting or if they will ultimately proceed to checkout.
Pre-landers are an effective way of informing potential leads about what lies ahead and providing them with added value. They can also be used to repackage your landing page content and create an enriched experience for visitors.
This article will not provide statistical data on conversion rates related to bridge pages; its focus is practical guidance and how you can instantly reap the advantages of bridge pages.
Best examples of bridge pages
To make website bridge pages effective, the content should be powerful enough to evoke an emotional reaction or provide something valuable so visitors will be compelled to interact with it.
Due to this, some of the most common bridge page types are (but are not limited to):
- Advertorials. Advertorials are the most accepted way for native advertisers. A pre-lander must adjust to the prior traffic source for it to be thriving. Those who click on native ads often desire more tales and material. Consequently, a bridge page must gratify that craving.
- Quizzes. With a well-crafted quiz, you can get your leads to learn more about themselves – or even use pre-landers to learn more about them. Quizzes are a great way of getting people into an exploratory mindset.
- Lead magnets. Bridge pages that offer free things such as lead magnets, how-to articles, e-books, checklists, or samples are great ideas.
- Lists. Putting together a list of the top x items in your product or service category is an effective way to generate traffic and rank your offerings on bridge pages.
- Videos, a straightforward type of content, can be an excellent supplement to other material; they are particularly effective if they are brief and entertaining.
- Calculators are a great way to personalize your marketing strategies and retargeting messages, and they work particularly well when it comes to topics like health and wellness, home renovations, or personal finance.
No matter what content is included on your bridge page, it should have an attention-grabbing headline to be the most effective. Likewise, even though you are expanding your marketing funnel by adding more layers, you should still comply with successful strategies when it comes to CTAs.
Benefits of using a bridge page
The advantages of using bridge pages have been mentioned several times in this article. Using lead qualification as part of your marketing plan can greatly benefit you. In other words, you’re discarding the irrelevant leads to focus on those that are potential customers.
Website bridge pages provide a crucial extra step to help generate qualified leads and move them further along the sales process. It’s an effective way to get prospects ready for the next stage: your landing page. If they move on from the bridge page, they are likely interested in what you have to offer and ready to make a purchase.